The Material Handler prepares and conveys raw materials for production. They must accurately maintain the raw material inventory levels plus handle and process the shipping and receiving of raw materials. Starting wage for a Material Handler is $18.25 – $19.25 an hour – depending lines you are assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for material staging/supplying at all production areas which include:
- Proper base materials, concentrates, and regrinds pulled for the lines;
- Cleaning and loading of dryers for base material, concentrates and regrinds and completing the dryer log.
- Maintaining the material needs to the extrusion lines throughout the shift, in accordance with the run sheets.
- Weighing boxes before and after production runs and adjusting inventory levels accordingly.
- Foils and masking are maintained when needed on the line.
- Conducts proper inventory transfer documentation/data entry in Epicor.
- Assists with cycle counts for materials/production supplies.
- Maintains proper housekeeping and organization of the material room area (i.e. banding of boxes, lids, and skids and removing them to the proper area).
- Receives silo materials properly and promptly.
- Maintains good housekeeping and safety practices at all times.
- Assists with extrusion change-over tasks, as they are assigned by supervisor or extrusion operator.
- Covers for Assistant Operator during breaks, as needed.
- Completes other tasks and projects assigned by supervisor.
- Pay attention to detail
- Demonstrate good attendance
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and troubleshoot difficulties
- “Hands on” mechanical/technical aptitude
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Ability to drive tow motor
- Ability to push, lift, pull, or carry 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs
- Able to perform equipment tasks that may require standing, bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, or twisting.
This position operates in a manufacturing environment. Tools/equipment routinely used are fork lift, computer, hand-held RF scanner, dryers, and grinders.
Position type/expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position, working 48 or 36 hours a week. We operate on 12-hour work crews, working the 2-2-3 schedule. Day crew works 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and night crew works 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Required Education and Experience
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we invite you to submit your name for consideration. We look forward to meeting you!
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application: