Extrusion Production Supervisor
Looking for a new career as an Extrusion Production Supervisor? Start a career you can be proud of!
We are a plastic extrusion company located in the Tall Timbers Industrial Park in Findlay, OH. We specialize primarily in the manufacturing of plastic sheet products used in recreational vehicles, agricultural, home remodel, pool and spa industries.
At SIMONA PMC we offer:
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- 401k with 4% match
- Positive culture
- Clean, safe work environment
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for growth
Perks and Bonuses:
- $1,000 hiring bonus after 6 months
- Monthly incentive bonus, with the potential of 6% payout
- $ .65/hour shift differential for any hours worked between 4 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Generous paid time off available immediately
- Perfect attendance incentive
- College tuition reimbursement program
Primary Purpose: Serve as a hands-on team leader with responsibility for the operations of our manufacturing processes with a drive to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment with an expectation to motivate the production team to meet or exceed the company’s goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on the safety of all employees at all times. Address any unsafe acts, behaviors or conditions immediately. Ensure all proper procedures (including wearing the required personal protective equipment) are followed. Report violations or concerns. Report accidents, participate in accident investigations (offering suggestions/corrective action), and complete required documentation in a timely manner.
- Direct employees with clear verbal and/or written instruction regarding the shift’s activity.
- Assist Extrusion Operators and Process Technicians with troubleshooting efforts as needed.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings to convey information to all team members (safety concerns,
- productivity feedback/results, quality issues to watch, company announcements, schedule changes, etc.)
- Ensure that all quality procedures are followed (quality checks and QDS documentation completed).
- Ensure work instructions are followed by all team members. Communicate any needed changes appropriately.
- Monitor and supervise production efficiencies and product quality. Production efficiencies include coordinating team members to achieve maximum efficiency
- Insist that housekeeping procedures are practiced throughout the facility.
- Relieve team members for breaks; assist the production team as needed.
- Assist the Process Technicians with accurate information/data entry into Epicor and shift logs.
- Complete continuous improvement projects as assigned, focusing on safety, quality, efficiency, scrap reduction, and change-over time reduction.
- Continually monitor equipment performance and report to maintenance any issues or concerns.
- Fulfill human resource-related duties. (Report violations of the employee handbook, monitor daily employee attendance/absenteeism/tardiness to ensure recordkeeping is accurate, administer disciplinary action per company policies (with the assistance of Human Resources, as necessary), document behavior/activities appropriately, conduct performance reviews, coach for improvement, etc.)
- Complete all other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
Attributes and Abilities:
- Exhibits a positive attitude with a high level of accountability, personal drive, ambition, and integrity
- Uncompromising approach to Safety and Quality
- Competent in communicating directly and openly throughout the organization with a commitment to teamwork and continuous improvement
- High level of problem solving, troubleshooting, and task/project management skills
- Passion for continuous improvement in all aspects of the company’s performance; Pension for driving for results and measuring progress/results
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing (preferably plastic extrusion) environment, Engineering or technical background/aptitude favorable. Bachelor’s degree not mandatory, but a plus.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly, to give clear direction, to motivate people, and to reinforce employees’ positive work performance
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment with an expectation to utilize systems for productive feedback and accountability
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with different types of people
- Formal problem-solving skills a real plus (5 why exercises, cause & effect diagrams, etc.)
- Willingness to work the afternoon/evening shift with flexibility as needed. Weekend coverage based on production needs
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must wear proper personal protection equipment while on manufacturing floor.
- Ability to be on the factory floor for long periods of time, potentially full shift.
- Climbing stairs.
- Ability to lift, pull, push, or carry 50 lbs., crouch, bend, stand and be alert.
- Able to perform equipment maintenance tasks that may require standing, bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, or twisting.
- Requires full range of motion of arms, hands and fingers to reach, grasp, hold, push or pull, twist, and work with tools.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Make repeated movements of full body.
- React quickly.
- 40+ hours/week to support manufacturing performance.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we invite you to submit your name for consideration.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application: