Perform all Extrusion Department job functions. Including the operations of sheet lines, material handling, inspection, and packaging. The starting pay for this position is $18/hour.
- Exhibits a positive attitude
- Shows personal drive, ambition, leadership and always maintains integrity
- Demonstrates honesty and trustworthiness
- Sets personal and professional goals, while demonstrating high work ethics
- Balances issues emotionally and objectively
- Communicates at the most direct level; Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal customers/team members.
- Inspires others and empathizes with other employee concerns
- Effective analytical and trouble shooting skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical degree a plus
- Past experience which demonstrates “hands on” mechanical/technical aptitude
- Experience with the operations of plastics extrusion equipment (preferred, but not necessary). Extrusion process training offered
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and troubleshoot difficulties while upholding quality standards
- Ability to operate all quality equipment as required (gloss meter, color meter, etc). Training provided.
- Tow motor certification (internal training required)
- Competent computer skills (specific software application training provided)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in operating all functions of assigned production lines, maintaining quality and productivity standards.
- Assist team members through the change-over process efficiently and thoroughly, which includes activities involved with tear-downs, die cleaning, and set-ups.
- Responsible for material staging/supplying at all production areas which include:
- Proper base materials, concentrates, and regrinds pulled for the lines
- Cleaning and loading of dryers for base materials concentrates, and regrinds
- Maintaining the material needs to the extrusion lines throughout the shift
- Weighing up boxes and drums after color changes and inventory them
- Foils and masking maintained when needed on the line
- Assist in completion of all required quality checks as outlined in quality procedures. Work closely with Inspector/Packagers and Quality Department to follow quality inspection and related sign-off procedures.
- Maintaining inventory of all rotation of foils, components production supplies, raw materials, and material room area supplies (banding of boxes, lids, etc.)
- Responsible for receiving material
- Responsible for quality of finished product and quality paper flow records (includes proper box identification and count, 15 minute and 30 minute quality checks as outlined by supervisors).
- Relieve for breaks and lunches. Cover for job functions and ensure that qualifies personnel are available to cover production
- Responsible for operation of RF handheld and labeling systems
- Perform good housekeeping and safety practices at all times.
- Assist with R&D and continuous improvement projects, as assigned or available.
- Understand, and follow work instructions. Make suggestions for improvements or revisions as needed.
- Assist in supplying all retains or samples as required by QC with appropriate recorded information.
- Complete all other projects and tasks assigned by Production Supervisor or other member of management.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Currently, all unvaccinated employees are required to wear a face mask or face shield.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we invite you to submit your name for consideration.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com or fill out an application: