Perform all Extrusion Department job functions. Including the operations of sheet lines, material handling, inspection, and packaging. The starting pay for this position is $18/hour.
- Exhibits a positive attitude
- Shows personal drive, ambition, leadership and always maintains integrity
- Demonstrates honesty and trustworthiness
- Sets personal and professional goals, while demonstrating high work ethics
- Balances issues emotionally and objectively
- Communicates at the most direct level; Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal customers/team members.
- Inspires others and empathizes with other employee concerns
- Effective analytical and trouble shooting skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical degree a plus
- Past experience which demonstrates “hands on” mechanical/technical aptitude
- Experience with the operations of plastics extrusion equipment (preferred, but not necessary). Extrusion process training offered
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and troubleshoot difficulties while upholding quality standards
- Ability to operate all quality equipment as required (gloss meter, color meter, etc). Training provided.
- Tow motor certification (internal training required)
- Competent computer skills (specific software application training provided)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in operating all functions of assigned production lines, maintaining quality and productivity standards.
- Assist team members through the change-over process efficiently and thoroughly, which includes activities involved with tear-downs, die cleaning, and set-ups.
- Responsible for material staging/supplying at all production areas which include:
- Proper base materials, concentrates, and regrinds pulled for the lines
- Cleaning and loading of dryers for base materials concentrates, and regrinds
- Maintaining the material needs to the extrusion lines throughout the shift
- Weighing up boxes and drums after color changes and inventory them
- Foils and masking maintained when needed on the line
- Assist in completion of all required quality checks as outlined in quality procedures. Work closely with Inspector/Packagers and Quality Department to follow quality inspection and related sign-off procedures.
- Maintaining inventory of all rotation of foils, components production supplies, raw materials, and material room area supplies (banding of boxes, lids, etc.)
- Responsible for receiving material
- Responsible for quality of finished product and quality paper flow records (includes proper box identification and count, 15 minute and 30 minute quality checks as outlined by supervisors).
- Relieve for breaks and lunches. Cover for job functions and ensure that qualifies personnel are available to cover production
- Responsible for operation of RF handheld and labeling systems
- Perform good housekeeping and safety practices at all times.
- Assist with R&D and continuous improvement projects, as assigned or available.
- Understand, and follow work instructions. Make suggestions for improvements or revisions as needed.
- Assist in supplying all retains or samples as required by QC with appropriate recorded information.
- Complete all other projects and tasks assigned by Production Supervisor or other member of management.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we invite you to submit your name for consideration.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application: