Electro/Mechanical Controls Technician
Looking for a new career as an Electro/Mechanical Controls Technician? Start a career you can be proud of!
We are a plastic extrusion company located in the Tall Timbers Industrial Park in Findlay, OH. We specialize primarily in the manufacturing of plastic sheet products used in recreational vehicles, agricultural, home remodel, pool and spa industries.
At SIMONA PMC we offer:
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- 401k with 4% match
- Positive culture
- Clean, safe work environment
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for growth
Perks and Bonuses:
- $1,000 hiring bonus after 6 months
- Monthly incentive bonus, with the potential of 6% payout
- $ .65/hour shift differential for any hours worked between 4 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Generous paid time off available immediately
- Perfect attendance incentive
- College tuition reimbursement program
Check out our current openings for an Electrical/Mechanical Controls Technician. We have openings on 2nd and 3rd shift, but training will take place on the day shift. If this is you – send us your resume.
Primary Purpose: Operates, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment failures and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing. Supports PM and P/PM programs, willing to take a hands-on lead in a PM area of focus.
- Associates Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent job experience.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) training and thorough understanding of drive systems, motors, computer programming relative to equipment maintenance and repair.
- Experience with Logix 5000 programming, HMI systems and Logix (Rockwell) platforms, maintenance, repairs, rebuild or installation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to learn new processes and troubleshoot difficulties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Fabricate objects by means of torches, welders, plasma cutter, drills, saws, etc. from blueprint or sketch drawings.
- Inspect, install, repair pipes, fittings, valves, pumps, exchangers, compressors, etc. for material conveying air, water, gas, oil and drainage systems. Cut, bend and thread pipes, assemble and hang.
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on plant equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and work closely with operators to keep lines running in the most efficient and best electrical/mechanical condition.
- Practice safe work habits and use proper safety equipment when performing various jobs. Keep areas clean and free of safety hazards.
- Maintain spare parts and supplies inventory.
- Log repairs and expenses.
- Assist with changeovers on the extrusion lines, when necessary.
- Complete all other projects or tasks assigned by Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Assist with PLC programming and operations relating to drive systems, motors, and other related manufacturing equipment.
- Assist with machinery installations or upgrade projects.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Currently, all unvaccinated employees are required to wear a face mask or face shield.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we invite you to submit your name for consideration.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application: