27 Apr What are the advantages of TPO?
Posted at 15:35h in
- Durable: With improved impact strength over ABS, HIPS and Fiberglass materials, PMC’s diverse portfolio of high quality TPOs can withstand real world wear and tear, eliminating the need for costly secondary preventative measures, such as pre-drilling holes to prevent crack propagation.
- Cold Weather Performance: Cold temperature durability/impact resistance for versatility and longer wear. PMC’s TPO products are the clear choice for impact-critical applications- with a ductility down to -30° C, they excel in environments in which other plastics cannot endure.
- Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion (CLTE): Our portfolio of performance TPOs have less than half of the CLTE of ABS- one of the major attributes that solves the field cracking issues common to ABS. (CLTE is commonly confused with impact strength and cold climate durability.)
- Sound Deadening: TPOs possess sound deadening characteristics, resulting in a greater reduction of interior cab noise than that of styrenic-based panels and limiting the “buzz, squeak and rattle” associated with low-quality interiors.
- Thermoformable: New High Melt Strength grades for TPO have opened up the process window further, so these products can be used for a variety of challenging, thermoformed applications.
- Recyclable: 100% of trim scrap can be reused, resulting in cost savings. Compliance with environmental standards. RoHS compliant, with no heavy metals.
- Custom Colors, Finishes and Decorations: To suit your applications and your customer’s discriminating taste, PMC’s TPOs are offered in metallics, pearlescents and textured patterns. They are also available in a variety of finishes, including haircell, calf, matte, smooth, scratch-resistant gloss and custom finishes.
- Variety of Cap Layers and Specialized Grades: PMC offers a full array of high & mid gloss, scratch whitening resistant, stress whitening resistant, and TPE cap layers. In addition to our variety of performance substrate TPOs, V0 & V1 FR TPO materials are available.
- UV Protected and Outdoor Weatherable Throughout: Designed for superior performance in interior and exterior applications. Formulated using the latest coloring technology to ensure that the product will exhibit little fade, even in extreme conditions. Accelerated UV stability packages available. Improved heat aging without cracking.