19 Apr Thermoforming and Technical Data
Posted at 14:13h in
- Where can I get starting point recommendations for thermoforming or downstream processing of SIMONA PMC products?
- A detailed guide is available for OneStep® materials (Click here). For other thermoforming or technical assistance, reach out to our experiences team of technical experts (Click here).
- Where can I find SDS and TDS information?
- On www.SIMONA-PMC.com you can find our Technical Datasheets under the Resources tab (Click here). If a datasheet you desire is not present on our website, please contact your customer service representative (Click here).
- SDS are available under the individual product pages in the Products tab. If SDS is not available for your specific product, please contact a customer service specialist for assistance obtaining an SDS (Click here).
- What is pinking and can I repair it?
- Pinking is typically seen in polyolefin materials, although it is possible in other polymers as well. The discoloration is most obvious in white or light colored products that contain phenolic compounds. When these compounds oxidize the pink (or sometime yellow) discoloration can occur. Many polymers contain phenolic-based antioxidants in order to help with processing and thermal stability of the material. Thankfully, the discoloration is cosmetic only and does not affect physical properties. The issue can be reversed with UV light exposure. For more information on pinking, see our guide (Click here).