20 Dec Reorganization of SIMONA’s North American Subsidiaries Combines Executive Management and Enhances Brand Positioning
Archbald, PA – December 20, 2018. In order to streamline and improve its North American operations and position itself for future growth, including by further acquisitions, the Management Board of SIMONA AG is announcing a new organizational structure in the US.
The operating plants in Newcomerstown and Findlay, Ohio, as well as Archbald, Pennsylvania will unite under SIMONA AMERICA Group, Inc. This newly established holding company under the SIMONA AG corporate brand will be managed by a single senior management team, comprised of:
- Wolfgang Moyses, Chairman of the Board
- Lawrence J. Schorr, Chief Executive Officer
- Michael Schmitz, Chief Financial Officer
- Dr. Dean Li, Chief Technology Officer
- Adam Mellen, Chief Sales Officer
- Molly Bridger, Director of Marketing
Subsidiaries within the SIMONA AMERICA Group have also been renamed and their management structures reorganized effective January 1, 2019.
Boltaron, Inc. has been renamed SIMONA Boltaron, Inc. with the following leadership changes and resulting leadership team:
- Dr. Dean Li has been named Chief Executive Officer
- Kevin Asti, currently General Manager and Vice President of Operations has been promoted to President. Asti joined Boltaron in 2010 with an extensive background in manufacturing. His leadership in all aspects of operations and product development has made a significant impact on the growth of the company.
- Bob Viereck, Chief Financial Officer
SIMONA AMERICA, Inc. has been renamed SIMONA AMERICA Industries LLC (SAI) with the following addition and resulting leadership team:
- Jim Medalie, President of SAI
- Artur Hirsch, currently Head of Operations for SIMONA AG’s Plant II Sheets PO Extrusion in Kirn, DE will take on the role of Vice President of Operations. Hirsch has been part of the SIMONA family since 2006 and was instrumental in setting up manufacturing operations at SIMONA’s facility in Jiangmen, China, where he also held the position of Head of Operations over a period of three and a half years.
- Lynne Anderson, Chief Financial Officer of SAI
SIMONA AG recently acquired custom extrusion company Premier Material Concepts, LLC, which was renamed SIMONA PMC, LLC. SIMONA PMC will
continue to be managed by:
- Dean Li, Chief Executive Officer
- Tom Miller, Senior Vice President and General Manager
- Eric Short, Vice President of Customer & Technical Services
- Roger Jean, Vice President of Custom Sales & Specialty Products
- Bob Viereck, Chief Financial Officer
The rebranding effort will also include the launch of new logo designs for each subsidiary, in addition to an intensive investment in digital and communication marketing initiatives to enhance the individual brands within the SIMONA AMERICA Group.
About SIMONA AMERICA Group
SIMONA AMERICA Group is part of SIMONA Group, focusing on aviation interior products, large volume polyolefin and PVC products, as well as specialty products for the corrosion protective, semiconductor, recreation and building industries under the SIMONA AMERICA Industries, SIMONA Boltaron and SIMONA PMC brands. The SIMONA AMERICA Group projects a 2019 turnover of annual sales of more than USD 150 million and employs 235 people.
About SIMONA AG
SIMONA AG is one of the leading manufacturers of thermoplastic products, with production facilities and sales offices around the globe, as well as being an acknowledged development partner within this field. The company’s product portfolio includes semi-finished parts (sheets, rods, profiles, welding rods), pipes and fittings as well as finished parts. SIMONA employs approx. 1,350 people worldwide. The Group manufactures 35,000 products in Germany and abroad, offering best-in-class solutions tailored to a wide range of applications: in the chemical processing industry, in the water, energy and commodities supply sector as well as in the field of mobility, construction and environmental technology. Annual production exceeds 130,000 tonnes. SIMONA AG is a stock corporation listed in the General Standard. The company’s registered office is in Kirn, Rhineland Palatinate (Germany). For further information, please refer to www.simona.de.